Monday, June 27, 2011

A Sweet Experience

For those who don't know, I am currently in a relationship with a wonderful man named Jaymeson. Our relationship has been full of ups and downs, and several unwanted and unnecessary circumstances and difficulties, but overall, it's all been worth it.

Because of my past relationships, I have lots of insecurities and a lot of those insecurities seem to bring me down and make me over think a lot of the things that I experience with Jaymeson.

The other day, I heard a song on the radio that made me feel a particular insecurity and it brought me down. (It's stupid how the littlest things can ruin a whole day.) Jaymeson, being the mind reader that he is, immediately could tell something was wrong. Now, since I'm a girl, and a stupid one sometimes, I try to hide it and pretend like nothing is wrong half of the time, but I also have this weird need to clean and organize things when I'm upset, so it becomes obvious. I went about cleaning my purse, folding random clothes on the floor, etc, and then I just got so overwhelmed with the way that I felt, that I just plopped myself down on the bed and began to think. My mind was running on one million miles an hour when I decided to stop feeling sorry for myself. I forced myself up off the bed and into the kitchen. I proceeded to pull a bowl and spoon out of the dirty dishes in the dishwasher to clean them so that I could eat some cereal (it's my favorite, ok?) when Jaymeson walked up behind me and grabbed me and gave me the softest, sweetest hug I've ever had in my life. Then he grabbed my face, looked me right in the eyes, and said something along the lines of, "I don't want to be with anyone but you." Then he took the bowl and spoon from my hands and started to wash them for me. My eyes filled with tears as I watched him simply, and gently  wash those two dishes for me so that I wouldn't have to.

Two thoughts entered my mind.

The first being Christ, washing the feet of the disciples found in John 13. I pictured Christ gently washing the feet of His disciples, even Simon Peter who He knew would betray Him. I thought, how amazing can Christ be, first to be Christ, a perfect being, washing the feet of those who were not perfect, but then to be Christ, washing the feet of a man who He knew would betray Him. He didn't need to do it, but He did it to show them that He loved them, and to be an example to them.



And the second was service. Service seems to have been brought up in a lot of my more meaningful conversations lately. I've thought a lot about it, and about how when you serve someone, you learn to love them. And the more you serve, the more your love grows. Even the smallest things, like washing a bowl and a spoon.

I'm grateful for that small and simple experience that I had with Jaymeson. It touched my heart, and definitely made for a sweet memory, as well as strengthened my testimony of service and love.

Thank you Jaymeson.















Now, let's go catch some fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment