Tuesday, March 24, 2015

I never liked her husband anyways.

It's really funny when people ask Jaymeson and I how we met. We both look at each other and awkwardly laugh and say "Well... our ex-spouses are cousins."

**Awkward Silence**

Because we know probably everyone is thinking that we had an affair with each other or something ridiculous like that (believe me, its been said), we further explain "When we were married to our ex's, we didn't know each other..." And then proceed to explain how we only ever saw each other one or two times at a wedding or a funeral. Blah blah blah...

I wrote about it a couple years ago here.

But just for documentation purposes, here is how it all began via Facebook messaging.

8/4, 2:15pm Jaymeson Roush
Hey Heather I know you don't know me. And it's weird that I'm writing. But I just wanted to say I'm sorry about your divorce. I know how it is especially if you didn't want to do it. Anyway:) just wanted to say sorry.

8/5, 10:41am Heather Elise Roush
Jaymeson, thank you so much for your message! That means a lot to me.

8/5, 11:27am Jaymeson Roush
 If it's not to weird:) if you ever want someone to talk to. I would love to:) I know it's not easy. I think we both just went through a crazy change that we didn't want to do. And it may be nice to talk to someone who is going through kinda the same thing? IDK:) So really anytime;)

8/5, 6:45pm Heather Elise Roush
Yea, that would be fun! I'm up for it whenever you are! Just let me know. My number is 801-xxx-xxxx.

If that amount of smiley's in his messages doesn't SCREAM crush, I don't know what does. ;)

We recently had some people from the ward come over to visit. I think we are considered "lost souls" in the ward. (Long story, short... when we moved into the ward, I was pregnant and sick a lot. Just before we had Tatum, we had CO poisoning which kept us home quite a bit. Then we had Tatum, which kept us home quite a bit. Then we started having side effects from the CO poisoning which also kept us home quite a bit. By the time we were well enough to attend church every week, we got called into Nursery and there we are every Sunday so we don't get to interact with many of the adults in the ward meaning many of them don't even know we exist.) Anyways, they came over to meet with us and asked how we knew each other... and there it went. The awkward silence. And then Jaymeson says... "I never liked her husband anyways." And it made me laugh. I love him. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment