Friday, May 4, 2012

Why I hate Hollywood

Sometimes I get really frustrated with the ridiculousness of Hollywood.

I was driving to work the other day, listening to early morning news on the radio. The broadcast went like this:

A large scale earthquake hit Mexico last night. Lots of damage, but so far no fatalities. A missionary was hit by a bus. His family says they are hopeful of full recovery. And on to bigger news, Jersey Shore star in rehab, etc...

Really? Really?

I'm not gonna lie. I'm a fan of entertainment. My tiny family and I spend a lot of time being entertained by movies, television, music, and other acts of Hollywood stars. And I do admit, I appreciate real actors, actresses, and singers. You know, the ones who really do have talent and don't thrive on publicity and drama. But seriously? Who the heck is Snooki, and why the heck would I care that she's pregnant?

I am a newbie to twitter, so most of the people I follow are "celebrities." And it's been kind of laughable to watch all these reality tv stars act as though they really are some sort of celebrity. Wait. You went on TV, made a complete full out of yourself, now everybody knows your name, and you think you are entitled to... anything? Wrong. Actually, I'M wrong. They are entitled to things. A lot more things that I am entitled to. And for what? For literally making a full of themselves on national TV. Congratulations.

I also think it's laughable to watch people on twitter literally BEG for a celebrity to "retweet" them or follow them. Pathetic. 

I've decided that all it takes to be famous is to put a video of yourself doing something completely retarded on youtube. Give it a few weeks, and you're national news!

Let me just go get started on that...




No comments:

Post a Comment