Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Sneaky child.

Jayah is at an age where she is learning to be very sneaky. I definitely know where it comes from, but it's still hilarious to watch. She has almost mastered the art of manipulation, and thinks she has the art of Mom vs. Dad down to a T. It's been rather interesting watching her make up stories on the spot to make things more interesting. We always know that she's doing something she shouldn't be when she gets really quiet, or when she yells from her room "Heather, I'm just playing, ok?" It's even gotten to the point where we have to watch her go to the bathroom, otherwise she'll go in there, flush, "wash her hands", and pretend like she went to the bathroom, when she really didn't. I even walked in on her one time turning on the sink just a little bit, so it would sound like she was peeing. Smart, smart girl. 

This past Saturday, she was with Jaymeson for the weekend. Instead of going to their house like I do early every morning, I instead went to AF to spend some girly time with some of my favorite women. I was gone for probably like 6-7 hours, having girl talk, and good food. But I was definitely excited to get to Jaymeson's to see their cute little faces.

I walked in the door, and there was nothing. Silence. No sound whatsoever. I walked into the open space of his apartment and stood there. Waiting for something to happen. Very slowly, Jayah comes creeping out of her room very quietly. She peeked around the corner, walked slowly up to me, gave me the biggest, sweetest grin, and then hugged me so tight, and told me she missed me "sooooooo much". My first thought was "Wow, what a nice little homecoming!" Then I thought, "She sure is awfully sweet right now..." But I forgot those thoughts and just embraced her hugs and kisses and "I missed you's". Jayah is always excited to see me, but this time was a little different. I was taking it all in, loving every second of it, and then Jaymeson comes out of her room. He stood there in front of me with an angry, annoyed look on his face. Then I noticed what was in his hands. All of Jayah's princess shoes, completely covered in nail polish.

Uh oh.

It suddenly all made sense. Jayah was definitely happy to see me, but she was more so being ever-so-sweet in the hopes that I would rescue her from the wrath of Dad. Unlucky for her, but lucky for me and Dad, we are very much on the same page with everything parenting. We always support each other when it comes to Jayah, with no questions asked.

So, Jaymeson and I sat down with Jayah, talked to her about what she had done, and helped her clean up her mess... which happened to expand to the carpet, her guitar, the turtle tank, etc...

Needless to say, I love being an automatic parent to a 4 year old. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment