Monday, January 30, 2012

Trying to find a place in this world.

Jaymeson and I go to a ward that consists of us, Jaymeson's family, and about 90% of the rest of the congregation is getting ready to die.

Literally.

Even in Relief Society, they refer to the group as a whole as "senior citizens". And in Priesthood, everywhere Jaymeson looks there are walkers and oxygen tanks.

Being in this ward has sort of been a challenge for me. I love church. I love feeling the Spirit. I love being surrounded by people who have the same beliefs that I do. I moved around a lot with my family growing up, and I always looked forward to going to church because that was a place where I was guaranteed to make friends. Not in this ward. I'm positive the only other person that is near my age is Jaymeson's sister-in-law, and even that has a few year difference, and her calling is in Young Womens. So, it's just me, sitting in Relief Society, along with a bunch of senior citizens.

Where am I going with this?

It's been hard for me to get excited about church the last few months knowing that I don't have friends there, and practically every Sunday is spent listening to a bunch of old folk debate about what they each think the scriptures say. Luckily I have Jaymeson's mom in there with me, who I love very much. And she's not a senior citizen... yet. ;)

But this Sunday, I learned something very simple, yet very inspiring from the old folk.

Now, I'm the type of person who loves to tell everyone what they learned when they learm it. I will talk and talk and talk about it, until I've convinced myself that I've taught you the same lesson. This is one of those times. I'll try to keep it short. :)

What's the difference between a place, and a space?

Think about it.

The difference is, a place is where something belongs. A space is just where you put something for the time being. When something has a place, we know where it is when we are looking for it. But if it's in a space, sometimes we don't know where to find it. Cool, huh?

This can apply to anything.

So my goal for the rest of my life, is to give everything a place. Especially the important things, like my family, my friends, Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ, my husband, and my children. (Not in that order.)

Now, time to for my favorite Monday Night Tradition. Unhealthy food, The Bachelor, and my handsome Jaymeson, and his beautiful mother. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment