Sunday, August 7, 2011

Together Again.

I started this blog post a while back, but never finished it. I noticed it this morning waiting to cook the best dinner in the world for Jaymeson and some friends tonight, and after being hassled by Jessie to write a blog post, I figured I'd finish it. :)

I don't remember where I found this quote, but I remember when I saw it, it really stood out to me.

"We don't know when the people that we love are going to be taken from us, so we should cherish every moment that we have with them."

Death is something that I have no idea about. I have never experienced someone that is close to me dying. Not even grandparents. My dad's dad died when I was pretty young, and my other three grandparents are still alive. I still have my parents, and all six of my siblings. I'm pretty lucky I guess.

I have a few close friends who have had direct family members die and I've watched them overcome the sadness, and they have definitely become a great example to me.

I was joking with Jaymeson last night about me dying while on this roadtrip to San Diego without him. What would he do without me? Really. Ha.

Not that I'm actually going to die any time soon (cross your fingers), but regardless, I'm not afraid of death. I know why I am here, and I know where I'm going and I can't wait to get there. It's going to be so wonderful and beautiful and perfect to be back in Heavenly Father's arms again someday.

The part that really stands out to me though, is this:

"...cherish every moment that we have with them."

Sometimes (always) I get caught up in the business side of myself. I'm a "task master" as my dad calls it. I get things done. And I think sometimes I get caught up in too many tasks and forget to sit back and relax and just have fun. I fill my life up with way too many things. I make lists. I work full time. I go to school full time. I volunteer. I barely ever have a spare second to just sit back and act like a dork. Fortunately for me, Jaymeson is very opposite of me and spends most of his time acting like a dork and it helps to loosen me up a little bit when I get stressed.

Tomorrow morning, Sarah and I are headed out for our best friends wedding in San Diego. I'm excited to share this special moment with Raven and Sarah. It'll be one of the first times we've all been together, just us, since we were in high school. It'll bring back a lot of memories, and form several more.

I'm so happy for Raven, and the opportunity she has to be sealed to her best friend, and the man of her dreams for time and all eternity. I'm so grateful that I will have the chance to be in the temple with her when she receives her own endowments and kneels across the altar to be sealed to Andy forever. Plus, I get to spend a week on the beach in sweet, sweet San Diego. It's gonna be a good week.

M-Unit together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment