Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss

Mi Familia 

All the kids, minus Jesenia


















I didn't realize how much I missed my family until this past weekend.

I spent the day with Jaymeson and Jayah, and then Jayah went with her mom, and Jaymeson went off to work. I dropped him off and on the way there got very emotional. I couldn't pin point it until I thought... what the heck am I going to do tonight? I don't have anyone here. It was hard. And made me cry.. A LOT.

All I ever wanted growing up was to get out of my house and be indepedent. I've had a full time job since I was 15 years old, and moved out of my house and across the country the first minute that I could, and I've been gone since. I don't get to see my family very often, maybe once or twice a year, just a few days at a time.

So this long, holiday weekend, went from amazing to depressing in just a few short minutes. I realized how much I missed my family, and relived a few of the same feelings I felt last summer... being alone. It was hard.

Aside from my own family, I've been a part of one other family. I was only a part of the family for such a short time, but it felt like an eternity. I was so close with everyone, and spent as much time as possible with each of them as I could. I am no longer a part of that family, and it has been one of the hardest adjustments I've ever had to make. Knowing that they were all here, together, celebrating with each other while I was all alone, made it that much harder.

Just another stepping stone I guess.

That night, I ended up going over to Jaymeson's aunt's beautiful home and taking part in their Annual Fourth of July Party. It was the first time I'd met any of them, except his brother and sister in law, and it was the time of my life! I had so much fun, and everyone was so nice to me and made me feel right at home! It reminded me of what it's like to be a part of a family again, and I loved it! I hope they know the impact they had on me that night.

Luckily Jaymeson didn't get off work TOO late, and he was able to come to the end of the party and the homemade, spectacular, firework show put on by one of his uncles. It was the perfect ending, to a perfect weekend. :)

 Just one more day, and I'm finally done with this blog challenge! Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment