Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 27- A picture of you and a family member.

This blog post is a special dedication to my dad.

(a little premature Father's Day gift)

John Thomas Sampson Jr.


My dad is super cool.

He was a rock star when I was born. Literally.

He quit being a rock star just after I was born so he could have a more normal life for his first daughter. Nevermind that I'm also the favorite... right Dad?

Once I was old enough to start kicking a ball, he started coaching my soccer teams. He coached me from age 4 all the way to age 17.

But before I played soccer, he let me have my fun in dance classes, gymnastics, softball, basketball, and pretty much any sport you can imagine before I finally decided soccer was my favorite.

We sang karaoke together for as long as I can remember. We even danced to our favorite karaoke song "Somewhere Out There" at my wedding.

He took me to every "take your daughter to work" Day activity.

We went on several Daddy/Daughter campouts, as well as Daddy/Daughter dances.

He came to every single one of my choir concerts, and various other extra curricular activities that I was involved in throughout my life.

He taught me to be a hard worker. Because of him, I have the abilities I need to manage a large caseload at a Disability Law Firm at such a young age.

He always knows what to say. He can easily remind me why I'm on the path that I've chosen in my life, and help me remember why I chose it.

My dad and I haven't always had the best relationship. We had our ups and downs just like every relationship out there, but he's always been there when I needed him the most. We grew closer when I flew off to Idaho over 3 years ago to live on my own and start college. But even then, the last year we have grown closer than I ever would have thought. I get at least one text from him daily just to see what I'm up to, or more than like just to make sure I'm still alive. I talk to my dad several times a week, and he's the first person I think to call when I need advice or just to vent about anything and everything.

I know he misses me a lot, and I definitely miss him too. He asks me pretty much weekly when I'm going to move back home, but luckily he understands that this is where I'm supposed to be. For the time being at least. :)

Because of my relationship with Jaymeson, I have the opportunity of watching his relationship with Jayah, and it has reminded me a lot about when I was a little kid. Jaymeson is Jayah's hero. He is her prince. She talks about how he's the only boy she ever wants to kiss and how she's going to marry him someday. It's adorable. And I remember being that way. Jaymeson tells me often how much it means to him when Jayah wants to cuddle up next to him and watch a movie, and how he hopes that when Jayah is older, she'll always want to sit in his lap and snuggle up to him on the couch. My dad was my hero, he was my prince, and he was the only boy I wanted to marry or kiss. But now that I'm older and have learned that it's really... not normal to actually marry my dad, I still hope that he knows that I will always want to cuddle up next to him on the couch and watch a movie.

Speaking on my dad... he's calling right now. :)

Anyways, I love you Dad! Don't ever forget it!


1 comment:

  1. I love YOU, Heather, and always will! Yes, you are my favorite oldest daughter! :-D

    It's been great being your dad, even with a few ups and downs, so I figure I'll keep that job!

    Thanks for including me in your BEST blog EVER! I miss you and we need to sing together soon.

    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete