Sunday, April 10, 2011

Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently

photo from google images

 This is a photo of the Provo, UT Temple for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

A few months ago, I was going through a particularly hard time, and a friend of mine's dad gave me a blessing and encouraged me to attend the temple once a week. He promised me that if I did, I would find the answers that I needed, and I would be able to get through "this" quickly.  

And he was right!

I started going. Every single week. I usually go on Friday nights, as a date night to myself, and I mostly go alone. I tried to go to different temples throughout Utah and Salt Lake Valley, but this one is just a few seconds down the road, so I find myself there most often. 

 Temples are healing. Temples renew our souls. 
No sacrifice is too great to get to the temple.
Without the temple, we cannot live again with our Heavenly Father,
and we cannot be with our families for eternity
Through temples, we can help others do what they cannot do for themselves.
What a blessing to be able to do the Lord's work,
and what a privilege to be trusted by God for this purpose.
I am so grateful to be worthy to enter the House of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment