Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Well hello!

Well, I've been wanting to start my own blog for a while, but never did because I didn't know what I'd write about. I keep a pretty consistent journal that I mostly fill with things I've learned about myself, and about the world. So I think that's where I'll start :)

One of my best friends, Stephanie, is doing a 30 Day Facebook Challenge on her blog that I like to read. So let's start there :)

Day 1: A picture of yourself and 10 facts:



1. I love the color yellow. Seriously, I would have everything yellow if it was allowed. It's different, and cute, and happy, and that's why I like it!

2. I've had a full time job since I was 15 years old. I started out sacking groceries at Kroger, then worked my way up in the employment food chain. I worked at Fuddruckers cashiering and prepping food, Head Cashiering at Forever 21, Rec Sports Manager for BYUI, then Events Coordinator for BYUI, Office Secretary for a security company, and now I'm a Hearing Manager for a Disability Law Firm. Big time upgrade. Geez, that sounds like a lot of jobs to have in 7 years.

3. I clean when I'm nervous, mad, sad, upset, stressed, anything. I LOVE being clean and living in a clean house, and cleaning definitely helps to relieve my stress. Except laundry. I HATE laundry.

4. Cooking stresses me out. I hardly ever cook. I don't really know how to explain what the thought of cooking a meal does to me. It seems so difficult to me to be able to have everything you need in your house to make a complete meal, and then knowing what to cook!? Putting things together to make a meal!? Oh man.. I can't even think about it.

5. I'm a list maker and a planner. I always have to-do lists, and I use planners like nobodys business. If I don't, chances are I'm going to forget it.

6. Speaking of forgetting. Did I ever tell you that I have the worst memory on the planet? I'm actually starting to worry about it. No joke.

7. I've never been anywhere. Not entirely true, but close. I've lived my whole life in Texas until I was 19 years old, with an exception of 4 years where my family was in Oklahoma. I moved to Rexburg when I was 19 for a year, and I've been in Utah since (2 years). I've been to California twice for a few days, and Washington DC once for a few days. But that's it. Man, I need to get out!

8. I always eat from the outside, in. Essentially, I eat in a circle. For example, if I'm eating a sandwich, I will start at the crust, and finish in the middle. Save the best for last, right?

9. I always put the shopping carts in their bins after I'm done unloading my groceries.

10. I have a weakness for chocolate chip cookies, and for milk. I'm currently off milk though. Don't ask, it's caused lots of controversy.


What's to come next? Day 2: A picture of you and the person you have been closest with the longest.

2 comments:

  1. Didn't you go skiing with your family at Angel Fire, New Mexico? And swimming in Hot Springs, Arkansas? OK, so it's not European Vacation, but it's not NO WHERE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Comment from Mom:
    Your first airplane ride was with me to do some genealogy in Tenessee; remember? There we met a distant cousin who showed you a picture of herself at the age you were then, and you two looked almost identical. Her mother was a Sampson cousin to your great-grandfather, Dewey Edward Sampson. Their father's were brothers. You helped me find Sampson's in volumes and volumes of heavy journals and books in Nashville, and we visited a dusty courthouse basement in Horseshoe Bend. You would run the books to the copy machine and make the copies for me. We came home with a ream and a half of paper. Don't you remember seeing Al Gore's country house and all of the Secret Service men watching over it; or hearing how the headstones were moved from the cemetary to make a dam, but it was later discovered that the bodies had not been moved when they came floating up to the surface? We had some adventures that trip!!! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete