Monday, July 28, 2014

Happy Anniversary to My Angels

Today is our family's 2 year anniversary! I say "our family" because it's not just for me and Jaymeson. Today is a celebration of the day that Jaymeson AND Jayah took ME in, and we became a family. 


I am so grateful to have found Jaymeson. When I look back on where I was 4 years ago, I never would have imagined that I'd be married to Jaymeson, have a beautiful step daughter, and have a perfect baby of my very own. Jaymeson and Jayah are my angels. And I truly believe that we were all waiting to find each other.



I still remember the day that Jayah told me that her dad loved me. That was the first time (9 months into our relationship) that he ever said "I love you." We were sitting in the car, and I'd been telling Jaymeson I loved him for the past 8 months. He would always just hug me, but never said it back. (Don't I sound pathetic.) Jayah asked me if I loved her Dad. I told her that I did. She asked if he loved me back. I told her that I didn't know. Her response was "He does, he told me to tell you." It still makes me smile to think about. 

To re-read "our story", click here.

To celebrate our anniversary, Jaymeson and I went on a little getaway. This year Jaymeson planned it (and we didn't end up in the hospital). We left the baby with my brother and sister in law, so he could get some quality Tyson time. Tyson is 3 weeks younger than Tatum and the cutest nephew in the world. We drove out to Midway, where we stayed at the Homestead Resort. We checked into the hotel and ate lunch at Fanny's Grill. After lunch, our first activity was swimming in the Crater. The crater was so cool and the water was warm!





Next, we went on a little snake hunt (because my husband has a weird obsession with reptiles), and then we drove to Park City to have dinner and see a movie. We ate dinner at some place called Loco Lizard, and it was disgusting. I really need to stop trying to look for real Mexican food here in Utah, because every time is disappointing. My enchiladas tasted like pizza, and no that's not a good thing. But we did see the new Planet of the Apes, which was really good. :)

The next day, we woke up and went to breakfast at Chicks Cafe. This was the most unorganized restaurant I have ever been to. I won't get into that, mostly because I waited too long too eat so I was probably overly annoyed. The food was pretty good. Then we went back to our hotel and relaxed and talked and watched a few episodes of Pretty Little Liars before our next adventure....

...which was the Heber Creeper. It's a fun train tour in the mountains. They had music on board and we were even robbed by some cowboys. ;) The train ride lasted about an hour and was nice and relaxing. 





Our next stop was dinner at the Side Cafe. The food here was pretty good, and afterwards we got some gelato to share. :) Then we took a stroll down Heber Main Street where we found ourselves at a little small town carnival. There were booths and live entertainment and it was fun. I love those kinds of things, but.. Jaymeson doesn't. So we didn't stay and hang out. We drove up the Deer Creek Reservoir where we sat by the lake and watched the Pioneer Day fireworks.




The next day we checked out of the hotel and went to Kolaches on Main for breakfast. I love Kolaches, and there are none in Utah. These were not like the ones in Texas, but they were still pretty good. I also got myself a vanilla Italian soda, which was also very good when mixed with root beer. Then we drove home to grab our kiddos and head to the Real Salt Lake Game.



I missed Tatum like crazy while we were gone. But he didn't seem like he missed me at all! He was taking a nap when we got there, but when he woke up, he wasn't happy to see me at all! It could have been cuz he was tired, or that he had too much fun with Tyson, or that he just really didn't miss me. I'm gonna go with that he was tired. ;)  Even though he WAS happy to see Jaymeson. 

Happy Anniversary to our little family. I am looking forward to an eternity of anniversaries with you. :)

Oh PS. I was reminded today by my sister in law that I have finally lost all the baby weight! It happened a few weeks ago, and now I even weigh under what I did when I got pregnant. I don't know how I did it, but I'm so happy I can fit into my pants comfortably again. Yay me! 






No comments:

Post a Comment