Saturday, July 21, 2012

7/21/12

Today I got to be there to experience Jaymeson go through the temple for the first time. Oh my goodness, it was beautiful and perfect and better than I could have imagined! Normally the man gets to see the women go through the first time, but in our unique situation, I was blessed to be worthy to be there with him when he made such an important step in his eternal life. And I cried like a baby. (I blame the birth control.)

I'm going to admit that I was a little bit nervous. I was unsure of what he would think, or how he would feel. But he was a complete natural! I feel like I have been waiting for this moment forever, but I think I forgot that Jaymeson has been waiting even longer. He has completely turned his life around and prepared for this moment, coming up on 3 years.

I'm so proud of my Jaymeson for taking initiative of his own life and making the choice to get sealed in the temple some day. Today he made sacred covenants that many doubted he ever would. One week from today he and I will be starting our eternal family, and although I know so many doubted us and fought hard to break us apart, I could not be happier to be spending the rest of eternity with such a wonderful man. He has helped me become someone to be proud of and I couldn't have asked for a more loving person to share my life with.

Congratulations Jaymeson, you are an incredible example to your family and friends. I love you!

7 more days...

2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post. Thanks for sharing. Can't wait for you to get married!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so happy for you Heather! What a wonderful step in your life (lives). After almost 36 years of marriage I still feel like the absolute luckiest woman in the world. The Lord does have a plan and I am so glad Dan was part of mine! (I too believe Jaymeson was part of your life's plan and vise versa.)
    I recently took a photo of Dan in California and every time I see it I see him looking at me with the most warm, loving smile ever and I fall in love with him all over again. Your wedding photos are amazing and you will have that feeling as well every time you see how he is gazing at you! Wishing you forever love and happiness!

    ReplyDelete