Sunday, September 25, 2011

A special surprise...

I had the opportunity to surprise Jaymeson and his daughter with a very special video yesterday morning that brought them both to tears.

Jaymeson had a lot of videos and pictures of Jayah growing up, learning to walk, and learning to talk on his old blackberry phone. He no longer had the phone and had no way to get the pictures and videos off of his tiny little SIM card, which made him really sad that he would probably never be able to see them again.

After weeks of trying to figure out a way, I finally found someone (Justin Smith) who had the same phone that Jaymeson used to have, that could put the SIM card in and download all of the information for me.

After I looked at all the adorable little videos of Jayah, I decided I wanted to put together a special video to make him cry. (That was my goal... and it worked. haha)

Kristi Teshima and I worked on this video for weeks. We had a few other people help us gather more pictures and videos, and I secretly questioned Jaymeson about songs and sayings that meant things to him and Jayah until it slowly all came together and we had enough material to make a video.

I came over to Jaymeson's house early Saturday morning while he was still sleeping, stuck it into his DVD player and turned it on. He woke up to the sound of one of the lullabies he used to sing Jayah to sleep with and came out to see the video playing in the DVD player.

It was a very sweet moment for him, and I'm grateful I was able to capture and put together something special for him that he will have for the rest of his life.

Here it is: :)

2 comments:

  1. You're just amazing. I hope you know that. And I'm sure Jaymeson and Jayah think so too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather, this video is beyond amazing! What an amazing gift for those two!!

    ReplyDelete