Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 22 - A picture of something you wish you were better at.

There are a few things I can think of.

One.













Cooking. I just wish I could cook. I could make my own meals, not have to go out for lunch at work, save lots of money, have parties. Ah, it would be amazing. My mom is an awesome cook. And my sisters are pretty good too. How did I miss that?!

Two.













Working out. I wish I had the desire to get up off my butt and get to the gym, for anything other than tanning. My roommates, and my boyfriend, are all really good at going to the gym. I should follow in their example. But then there's the whole idea of what the heck do I even do at the gym? Ugh.

Three.



















Public Speaking.

I do not like the lime light. I admire people who can just stand up in the center of a crowd and say whatever they want without feeling and/or looking like an idiot. I guess that's why I love to write?

Day 23 - A picture of your favorite book.

1 comment:

  1. Not that I'm an amazing chef or anything, but I think for most people cooking is all about 2 things: 1.) having some good recipes, and 2.) having someone show you the basics (like when are you done kneading bread dough or how do you make cookies so they don't go flat when they bake). If you're interested, I can help out with both. Just ask Steph--I think it's been helping her and I think she's starting to enjoy cooking more.

    Oh, and UVU does what they call Community Education classes every semester. They're pretty cheap (cooking classes are usually around $50-$75 for 4 weeks because of the food materials needed for each class), but they teach you about different types of cooking. I've taken a class on Mexican cooking and two on cake decorating. Obviously, this semester is over but come fall there will be another course load. You can sign up to get a brochure when the classes are ready at http://www.uvu.edu/ce/classes/index.html.

    ReplyDelete