Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 5 - A picture of your favorite memory

Remember how I have a terrible memory?

...yea.

After trying to review my brain to remember a favorite memory--
I've settled on my 9th Birthday. December 30, 1997.

My dad is a cool guy. He's been in rock bands and country bands my whole life.
While my mom was pregnant with me, his band
(High Velocity, right Dad?) was on tour in Galveston, TX.
My mom went out to visit him, and while she was there, went into labor.

This picture is from a special trip I got to take with just my dad, back to Galveston.



Geez, look how nerdy I was.

I had never been there before, besides for a few days
in the hospital after I was born.
My dad and I went down that direction for a funeral
of one of his family members.
I think it was one of his uncles, or something.

On the way back, we spent a couple days in Galveston.
My dad showed me around everywhere.
We rode the trolley, he took me to the beach,
we toured the ship that I'm named after, The Elissa.
We rode the ferry, and watched for dolphins.

Speaking of riding the ferry... this picture is hilarious!



This is me being scared of the seagulls on the ferry. Haha!

That was an awesome trip. It was one of the few times I got to spend
with just my dad, and I loved every second of it!

P.S. My dad is a nut.

On the way home from Galveston, I remember that he
got pulled over while I was sleeping.
When he stopped, it woke me up, and I asked him
what we were doing, and he told me that
the cop just wanted to stop by and say hello.

Thanks Dad. Haha!

Next...
Day 6 - A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day

3 comments:

  1. See! Your memory isn't so bad after all. Well... on second thought, there may be some room for improvement. The band wasn't High Velocity, it was City Dudes, or something like that. And the funeral was for my grandfather, or maybe yours, but not my uncle. I guess I can't remember, either! Some day we need to figure out from whom you got your fading memory.

    You are right about a couple things, 'tho. The trip was a blast! I still like riding that ferry, and I luv that photo you posted. But don't forget the great view of the beach and coastline from the balcony at the hotel!

    It was a great time. We'll have to do it again sometime. But they don't make cops as friendly as they used to, 'eh?

    I LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture on the ferry is AWESOME! I think you should make it your profile picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so much like my sister when she was young. Like I think there's a picture of her with a striped shirt, the same haircut, and glasses. Sounds like a fun memory though :)

    ReplyDelete